Africa and Beyond

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Yes, i'm in York

I did actually make it up to york and am staying here tonight. I
should not have said anything about kiling first class because i
promptly found this morning that there were no first class carriages
on the route I was taking until the very last segment from manchester.

I could really use way better information systems to plot my routes.
The use of someone wandering on a pass is clearly not normal. They
always assume you know where you are going and roughly where that is.
Its a pain to get schedule where one of the end points is not your
current station or where the route does not pass your current station.
This makes my wandering a little iffy since i generally get off a
train not know when the next onee going where i want will leave.

At any rate York is very nice with huge ped zones and lingering
medeival bits everywhere.

I will most likely head to scotland tomorrow after some more time in
york since by the time i arrived things were already close to closing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home