Africa and Beyond

Monday, February 20, 2006

Heading Home

I'm a sucker for scientific history so by that standard this was
definetely a good day. I started out touring around cambridge, first
by myself and then on a walking tour. I'm listening to bill bryson's
a short history of nearly everything and its beyond cool to hear about
this and that that happened at the cavendish laboratory and then
reliaze I was just there about an hour prior.

I headed back to london, checked into my hotel, and caught a train to
greenwich which is obviously has it share of science history. I
barely made it to the old royal observory and the official base for
the prime meridian before the park closed. They project a green lazer
down the line from quite a ways off.

Now I've been out again for a final pie and couple of pints and am
back to get some net time and repack for the trip home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home